How can massage help?
Muscle aches, pains and imbalances are common place for so many of us - whether that be because of the sedentary nature of many of our lives, or because of the stresses and strains put on our bodies by sport, exercise, pregnancy, constantly carrying small people(!) and various health conditions.
Relieving pain and tension is obviously one of the biggest benefits of soft tissue therapy, but it can also help you to:
- move better
- breathe better
- sleep better
- reduce anxiety and stress
- improve diastasis
- improve your recovery post abdominal surgery and to mobilise scar tissue.
So get yourself (or someone you love) booked in for a restorative and soothing, yet results focused massage. Your body will thank you for it!
(Scroll down for my live booking system)
In need of a "new mom moment” (or know someone that is)?
Looking after a newborn can be physically and mentally demanding and most new moms struggle with:
- back, neck and/or shoulder pain
- poor posture
- elevated stress levels
- lower mood
- weaker core muscles
- eating well for both energy and healing
Do something to help alleviate this by booking a 2-hour 'new mom moment.' This relaxing and reviving package includes:
- a 1-hour massage focusing on mom’s needs rather than baby’s for a change, using relaxing organic aromatherapy massage oils
- a mini assessment of mom's core muscles (including a check for any abdominal separation / diastasis)
- self care tips & techniques bespoke to mom’s needs
COMING SOON specialist abdominal scar massage
From 1 Feb 2022 you'll be able to book appointments for specialist scar massage services (above and beyond normal advice and massage from me) following my completion of a renowned 2-day course. The goal is to better support women who have birthed via c-section, experienced a hysterectomy or other gynaecological/female surgeries that involve abdominal incisions.
So if you're looking for more support in this area you'll be able to book in and benefit from this wisdom very soon.
Where are you based?
The majority of my work is mobile and so performed in the comfort of your own home*. And I completely understand if you don't have childcare and your little one is present (although you'll obviously have a more relaxing time if they're not!).
(* when you book in I'm assuming that you're based in and around Solihull, South Birmingham or some other location that is sensible for me to travel to, that there is parking available and that you have a space in your home that is at least 1.5m x 3m. If this isn't the case please get in touch first.)
With prior agreement it is also possible for certain appointments to take place at my home in Dickens Heath, Solihull (B90 1TX) so please select the right option when booking.
What will happen at my appointment?
- Upon booking you'll be asking to complete an initial online consultation form, which we'll discuss in more depth at the start of the session.
- I'll then assess what treatment is most appropriate for your circumstances.
- I'll be wearing a mask or visor and I'll be massaging in latex free gloves given the current Covid-19 guidelines. Most clients report noticing no difference.
- Be prepared to undress to your underwear for the massage itself.
- You'll be provided with bespoke home care advice at the end of the session, to ensure you get the best results possible.
What should I wear / have ready?
- Comfortable, unrestrictive clothes.
- Your face mask (only to be worn when you're being massaged face up)
- 2-3 pillows to prop under your head and legs (due to Covid I've decided its safer if you use your own)
How soon in my pregnancy / after having baby can I have a massage?
You can book a massage with me:
- after your 12-week/dating scan in pregnancy
- 10 days post birth if you had a straightforward vaginal delivery
- 12 weeks post c-section
subject to any health concerns or massage contraindications.
How much does it cost?
- 45 min massage: £45
- 75 minute massage (**recommended**) : £67.50
- 2 hour 'new mom moment' package £85
- 3 x 45 min massages: £118 (click packages & gift vouchers to purchase this)
- 6 x 45 min massages: £225 (click packages & gift vouchers to purchase this)
Payment must be made upon booking please to secure your appointment.
Gift vouchers are available upon request.
What if I can't find a slot that I can make?
Please get in touch to discuss your requirements as I am sometimes able to accommodate other dates and times.
What happens if I can't make my appointment?
I operate a 48 hour cancellation policy. If you cancel at least 48 hours prior to your appointment, your session can be rescheduled at a convenient time for no additional fee. If you cancel with less than 48 hours notice, every effort will be made to on-sell your slot, but if I'm unable to do so, you will be charged in full.
Appointments are non-refundable and non-transferable once purchased.
What products do you use?
I typically use organic massage oils made by Neal's Yard and Naqi massage lotions. Please inform me of any allergies, skin conditions or beliefs that might impact upon the products used.
I also get asked regularly about recommendations for massage balls and foam rollers, for helping to relieve tension between sessions and to help with homework, and my favourites by far are:
Google My Business reviews: http://bit.ly/FemaleFitnessMatters
(follow the link and click on reviews in the top right hand corner.)
Facebook reviews: https://www.facebook.com/pg/femalefitnessmatters/reviews/
Amazing massage. Great understanding of the body and how to help with relieving aches and pains. Highly recommend!
Kerry has ensured that I have moved more freely over the past few months. Prior to massage she takes time to listen to you and find out about your history and what has led you to seek a massage. Helpful homecare has meant the treatment results lasted for longer.
Kerry did an amazing job with my calf muscles My legs feel so mch better I can honestly say I know how it feels 'walking on air'!
Live booking system
Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live.