Whilst pumpkin carving is lots of fun it does tend to result in large amounts of waste, so hit me up with your best ideas for using the leftovers. Here are mine…
Given that pumpkin is rich in Vitamin A and antioxidants, and it contains Vitamin C, Vitamin E and essential fatty acids it’s perfect for your skin. I like to make both foot scrubs and face masks with mine.
Pumpkin spice foot scrub
- 2 tablespoons of unrefined brown sugar
- 50ml almond oil
- 1 slice of cooked pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- Pinch of cinnamon powder
- Pinch of nutmeg
1. Blend all the ingredients well in a small bowl
2. Soak feet in a foot bowl of warm water with the addition of a little Warming Salve to dissolve into the water
3. Gently massage the scrub into damp skin in a circular motion, paying extra attention to heels 4. Rinse thoroughly
Pumpkin and honey face mask
- 1 slice cooked pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey
- 1 teaspoon of full fat live natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon of rosehip seed oil (which is also amazing on scars!)
Warm the honey a little to melt
Mix together all ingredients until creamy
Apply to cleansed skin, leave on for 10 minutes and rinse well
And BBC Good Food has no shortage of recipes to make with pumpkin, which is also great for your insides.
What do you do with yours?